- Skimming is very important
Learn to skim and scan, If you read in the usual slow, relaxed way you are likely to fail the IELTS test.
- Don’t leave any question unanswered
Don’t leave any box unanswered. When you know there’s, no time left, just guess and write something down.
Learn how to read fast and find the facts that will help you answer the question.
- Learn how to paraphrase
The question is aimed at assessing your ability to understand the same (or similar) ideas hidden behind different wordings and expressions.
- Try different exam strategies, then choose a winner
Ensure to try out many exam strategies and pick out the best for yourself.
- Find facts in the text, underline, and number.
Find the exact location of the rephrased answer in the reading passage.Then underline and then write the number on top of the question that is answered by that line.
- Improve your reading speed
To get the score in the exam you have to improve your reading speed when you are preparing for the exam.
- Use context and Don’t panic over unknown words.
Try to look around the new word. Maybe the content of the sentence can help you deduce whether it’s relevant or not
- Focus on the facts, not the words.
Re-read and Explain to yourself what you have just read. (rephrase it in your own words.)